- 3 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp. dill or fennel, chopped fresh
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tbsp. shallots, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Honey or maple syrup to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
In a saucepan, combine the cranberry juice, wine and dried cranberries and bring to a boil.
Boil over high heat until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup (6-8 minutes).
Meanwhile, in a small sauté pan, heat olive oil and sauté the shallots until soft, but not brown. Remove to a medium bowl and set aside.
In a blender or food processor, puree the reduced cranberries-cranberry juice mixture.
Add puree to the softened shallots.
Whisk in the rest of the ingredients, including the remaining olive oil, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.