- Elk venison – 2-3 pounds, cut in one-and-a-half-inch cubes
- Cherry tomatoes – about 12 pieces
- Whole mushroom caps – about 12 pieces
- Onion, ¼ sliced – about 12 pieces
- Green pepper – cut into two-inch pieces
- Zucchini – sliced thick
- Pure olive oil; ½ cup
- Red wine; ½ cup
- Lemon juice; ¼ cup
- Salt; ½ tsp.
- Coarse ground pepper; ½ tsp.
- Garlic cloves; 2-3, crushed and diced
- Worcestershire sauce; 2 tbsp.
Combine ingredients for marinade and mix well.
Add meat cubes, cover, and marinate in refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight.
Alternate marinated elk venison with vegetables on skewers.
Grill or broil, turning often, basting with remaining marinade for 10-15 minutes for medium-rare, or 15-20 minutes for medium.
Serve over wild rice.
Brad Frano, Staff Writer
Colorade Outdoors Magazine
IEBA 3rd Cookbook