- 1 whole deer tenderloin, 1-3 lbs.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1-2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Madeira Game Sauce (optional):
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 cup venison stock
- 2 tbsp. Madeira wine
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. currant jelly
In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat.
Stir in flour.
Blend in stock.
Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly after 5-7 minutes.
Add jelly. Stir until melted.
Add Madeira wine and heat just to boiling.
Serve sauce warm. Makes about 1 cup.
Remove all surface fat and silver-skin from tenderloin.
Slice across grain into one-inch-thick fillets.
In medium skillet, melt butter in oil over medium-low heat.
Add fillets; cook to desired doneness over medium high heat, turning once.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with Madeira Game Sauce (as above).