- 1 lb. deer burger
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole tomatoes, cut up, juiced reserve
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. instant minced onion
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 1 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tbsp. dried chives (optional)
- 1½ cups uncooked rotini noodles
- 1 cup dairy sour cream (optional)
In a Dutch oven, brown meat over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Drain if necessary.
Stir in tomatoes and juice, tomato sauce and chili seasoning mix.
Add water, rotini, vegetables, onion and sugar.
Mix well. Heat to boiling.
Reduce heat and cover. Simmer 10-15 minutes until rotini is tender.
In a small mixing bowl, blend sour cream and chives.
Serve with soup as garnish.